Monday, August 13, 2012

Track off

Good Afternoon,
       We had a great day over here in the 5th grade!  I'm getting sad that we are going off track this Friday!  Can you believe it?  It has gone by so fast! 
       Our students have been working so hard and learning our classroom routines like champs!  I'm so proud of them.  We have an excellent class this year.  Lots of different talents and personalities that I KNOW will keep me laughing and on my toes. 
      Here's what's been going on these past 2 weeks:
  • Students are learning all of my little quirks and are finding that I somehow have a story for EVERYTHING.  I don't know where they all came from!
  • I think we all know each others' names.  :)
  • We have been working on some really HARD math.  If your students have been coming home mentally exhausted, that's why!  But they are troopers!  They don't give up and are trying their best to do hard things!  
  • We have been learning about explorers and the things they did and discovered.  This week, the students are in groups and have an explorer to research more thoroughly.  They then get to choose an artistic way to explain to the class about it on Thursday and Friday!  Some kids are doing plays, others murals, dances, and songs.  I'm so excited to see what they come up with!
  • Beginning Persuasive Writing. We will be working on this most of the time until our BIG test in March! I stressed to the students today that I need them to practice their typing on the computer as much as possible.  (Look in the Websites for Kids section for free typing games online).  They will have to type their Persuasive Essay test on the computer, so the faster and more accurately they can type, the less stressed they will be.
  • Having fun assemblies, class meetings, and laughing.  Lots of laughing.  
I'm so priviledged to teach such a great group of kids!  Lucky me!

Love,
Mrs. Allen  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment